Friday, December 11, 2009

What type of skin do I have (Oily, normal, combo)?

Hello. So I can't really figure out what type of skin i have. I seem to have dry skin in the beginning of the day and before i apply my moisturizer. My skin is also sensitive to the cold and hot weather and it peels and dries on my forehead. Towards the end of the day, my skin gets oily which worsens my acne. Does my skin seem oily, dry, normal, or what?? Also i am african american/light tanned skin.What type of skin do I have (Oily, normal, combo)?
Without actually seeing you, I'd say dry off hand. If I don't treat my dry skin the way I should (and I didn't when I was a teen) I wind up oily with acne.


A good test for sure is to wash your face. Wait an hour. Press a piece of tissue to your forehead, nose, each cheek and chin. Are any areas oily? Is your skin really tight? If it's tight all over, you are dry. Oily all over, you are oily. Both: combination. If you skin feels fine, you're normal.What type of skin do I have (Oily, normal, combo)?
try boiling water in a pot over the stove and put a towel over your head to get your pores open and sit over it for about 3-15 minutes so your face could sweat then you'll know dirt in your pores are crying. then immediately wash your face with an astringent, facial scrub or, dove soap so sensitive skin and once your done use a cold compress to close your pores. do this about 2-3 times a week. also try lotions with lactic acid. i have the vaseline lotion, active firming. it works wonders, you just have to use it as often, daily as possible. also use products that wont clog your skin. Cetaphil is kind of expensive but it wont harm your skin or clog your pores, and very light. but it cleans.
you have combination skin, and you need to use a moisturizer that is oil-free and for sensitive skin.


your skin obviously needs moisture, especially in cold weather so bring it with you when you are out and about to apply a little if necessary .


If you apply a moisturizer all day with oil in it, it is eventually going to build up in your pores through the day and cause acne.


Try using 'eucerin'.
It sounds to me like your skin is oily (because you have acne) but very dehydrated (peeling) as well as possibly a little sensitive.





Perhaps you should change your skin care regime to suit your skin type. I feel you would greatly benefit if you saw a trained aesthetician and asked for skin analysis.
Sounds like combination. My skin gets oily too. It helps if you get moisturizer customized for combination skin, if that's not what you're already using.
it sounds like you have oily/dry skin, you should wash your face regularly and also maybe change your moisturizer, it may be making your skin more oily.
to me it sounds like combination skin. it means when you have oily and dry skin. good luck and hope i helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan officer